Search Google using a phrase such as, “How many Americans connect to the Internet via Smartphone”, and a plethora of results are returned. While each chronicles a slightly different angle, all report exponential growth due to usage. For businesses, this data means, a mobile website is a must to effectively serve your clientele. Below are snapshots of reports that connect the value of a mobile web presence and your growing business.
5 Trusted Mobile Usage Reports
- Pew International – June 6, 2013: reports 56% of American adults have a smartphone (full article)
- Flurry – April 3, 2013: App usage dominates browser usage as they put it: It’s an App World. The Web Just Lives in It. You do have to be careful about interpreting their graph though, since Facebook, games and utility apps will naturally have the greatest time spent and browser use is still significant by volume if not proportion.
- Cisco – 2013: Due to increased usage on smartphones, handsets will exceed 50 percent of mobile data traffic in 2013 (full article)
- NPD Group – March 18, 2013: Smartphone penetration rose from 52 percent to 57 percent of cell phone users while tablet penetration increased significantly from 35 to 53 percent of Internet households. (full article)
- Google Mobile Ads – February 27, 2012: Smartphone ownership has jumped globally – increasing 7% to 38% of the total population in the US. (full article)
Do you have a mobile web presence?
Advisor Designs works solely with financial advisors and compliant regulated business owners. As cutting edge designers and programmers, we are experts in web trends, including mobile web design. To keep your business’ web presence fresh with a company website from Advisor Designs.
[jetpack_subscription_form title=”Subscribe Via Email”]